This subterraneous bulb contains between six and twelve cloves and is one of the vegetables that has been used for centuries since it has properties that strengthen the human body.
Along with onions, leeks and shallots, chives, garlic is part of a family of plants known as allium vegetables. Garlic is a source of various compounds that contain sulfur which produces many benefits.
The best way to use garlic is to chew it after it has been chopped and without cooking it. Health professionals suggest that you start your day with one small garlic clove before you eat your breakfast. If the odor bothers you, you may chew parsley or press a fresh lemon and drink the juice.
Among the properties of garlic: Purifier, antiseptic, fungicide, bactericide. Some of the benefits:
- Relaxation of blood vessels and improvement in blood pressure.
- Reduction of inflammation that damages the body.
- Lower level of triglycerides or circulating blood fats.
- Prevention of cholesterol’s oxidation that damages arteries.
- Protection of circulatory health by preventing plaque and clot formation.
- Promotes good digestion by increasing digestive secretions.
- Expectorant, disinfectant, decongestant.
- Elimination of intestinal parasites.
For more information, visit the following page that is a source of instructions for using garlic for improving your wellness.
Remember that the ideas that we offer as part of Healthy Equations or Ecuaciones de Salud (in Spanish) are for your wellbeing. Add habits that increase the quality of your life. Maybe you are ready to add garlic regularly to your lifestyle!